Please click here for the February issue of BC Take Five, summarizing what we have selected as the five most interesting cases from the British Columbia Court of Appeal in January.
Every month we invite the lawyers who were counsel on our selected cases to offer their comments on the decisions. They highlight important legal changes, provide thoughts on appeal prospects, or comment on any other aspects of the case, as they see fit.
Our sincere thanks to this month’s contributing counsel:
Kate Phipps, David Borins, Barry Kirkham, Q.C., and David Goodwin
This Month’s Cases:
- Jurisdiction; Production Orders; American Company; Virtual Presence in Canada
- Student Organizations; Bylaws; Members; Referendum; Petition ~With 2 Counsel Comments
- Equitable Remedies; Trusts; Contracts; Voting Shares ~ With Counsel Comments
- Employment Law; Wrongful Dismissal; Damages; Consulting Income During Notice Period
- Family Law; Wills and Estates; Valuation and Division of Land; First Nations ~ With Counsel Comments
Sarah Picciotto, B.A., LL.B.
Founder of OnPoint Legal Research L.C.