Please click here for the September issue of BC Take Five, summarizing what we have selected as the five most interesting cases from the British Columbia Court of Appeal in August.
OnPoint’s New Cousin, Lucent:
While OnPoint continues to provide superior legal research and writing services, Lucent assists law firms, companies, and other organizations by recruiting experienced lawyers for permanent employment opportunities. Our fees are structured to make recruitment assistance affordable.
You will notice some interesting opportunities we currently have available throughout Take Five.
Please visit www.lucentrecruitment.com for more information or to register as a candidate.
Every month we invite the lawyers who were counsel on our selected cases to offer their comments on the decisions. They highlight important legal changes, provide thoughts on appeal prospects, or comment on any other aspects of the case, as they see fit.
Our sincere thanks to this month’s contributing counsel:
Guy Brown, Q.C., Joel Morris, and Paul Dawson
This Month’s Cases:
- Insurance Law; Motor Vehicles; Leasing; Definition of “Owner” ~ With Counsel Comments
- Family Law; Family Assets; Trusts; Child Support; Spousal Support
- Equitable Remedies; Restitution; Constructive Trust; Limitation Act
- Insurance Law; Litigation; Pre-Tender Defence Costs ~ With Counsel Comments
- Family Law; Review of Spousal Support; Statutory Right of Parties; Divorce Act
Sarah Picciotto, B.A., LL.B.
Founder of OnPoint Legal Research L.C.